About The Artist
Born in Oakland, California, Sue grew up south of San Francisco spending most of her time riding horses, competing in dressage and hunter and jumper competitions. Years of being around horses, gave her an invaluable knowledge of their movement, attitude and personalities.
Sue's other lifelong obsession was creating art. She attended U.C. Davis, where she studied under Wayne Thiebaud and others. Further education included Art Center College of Design and The Academy of Art College in San Francisco, where she has been teaching for 11 years. For 25 years Sue painted and drew as an illustrator for clients such as, Disney, Bank of America and Williams Sonoma, Gallo Wines and hundreds of various corporations and publishers nationwide. She has also exhibited at the American Museum of Illustration in New York.
Always a painter, the transition from illustrator to gallery artist was a natural progression in Sue's creative endeavors.
- April 18,1950 Oakland, Ca.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts, University of California, Davis, 1968-72. Studied under: Wayne Thiebaud, Manuel Neri, and William Wiley
- Art Center College of Design, 1973
- Academy of Art College, 1976-79
- Academy of Art College, Indication for Advertising, 1982-85, Illustration II classes
- Boise State University. Illustration, Graphics Department
- Sun Valley Center for the Arts, Watercolor classes
- Academy of Art University, Illustration Department Instructor, 2009 - Present
- Estee Lauder
- Gerber Corp.
- Simon & Schuster
- Reader's Digest
- Hublien Corp.
- Fetzer Vineyards
- Inglenook Vineyards
- King's Supermarkets, NJ.
- Williams Sonoma
- Landor Assoc.
- Marcel Shurman
- Bank of America
- Arrias Design
- Johnsonville Inc.
- Harcourt Brace